Global Fund Issues “Clarifications on CCM Minimum Requirements: Round 6”
Bernard RiversArticle Type:
Article Number: 3
ABSTRACT The Global Fund has released a document which firmly states that failure to comply with the Fund's minimum requirements regarding CCMs may lead to the disqualification of any proposal submitted by that CCM.
The Global Fund has released a document entitled “Clarifications on CCM Minimum Requirements: Round 6.” The document is available on the Global Fund website via www.theglobalfund.org/en/apply/mechanisms/guidelines (click on “Clarifications of CCM Requirements”).
There are six minimum requirements that a CCM must meet before a Round 6 proposal from the CCM will be regarded as eligible for consideration:
- CCM members representing the non-government sectors must be selected by their own sector(s) based on a documented, transparent process, developed within each sector.
- CCMs are required to show evidence of membership of people living with and/or affected by the diseases.
- CCMs are required to put in place and maintain a transparent, documented process to solicit and review submissions for possible integration into a national proposal.
- CCMs are required to put in place and maintain a transparent, documented process for nominating/electing a PR for programme implementation.
- CCMs are required to create a transparent, documented process which ensures that CCM members and non-CCM members have the opportunity to contribute to proposal development and in conducting grant oversight.
- CCMs must have a written plan in place to mitigate conflicts of interests when the CCM Chair or Vice Chair(s) is from the same organisation as the PR.
The Global Fund’s Clarifications document outlines the rationale for these requirements, and provides some examples of how CCMs could meet the requirements. The document also provides examples of the types of documentation that a CCM needs to submit with its Round 6 proposal to demonstrate that it has complied with the requirements.
The Clarifications document firmly states that “failure to comply with the minimum requirements may lead to the disqualification of the proposal in its entirety.”
The current version of the Fund’s CCM guidelines, last updated in April 2005, is “Revised Guidelines on the Purpose, Structure and Composition of Country Coordinating Mechanisms and Requirements for Grant Eligibility”, available at www.theglobalfund.org/en/apply/mechanisms/guidelines.