SEVERAL CCMS HAVE ESTABLISHED THEIR OWN WEBSITES
Bernard RiversArticle Type:
Article Number: 3
ABSTRACT At least 11 CCMs have established their own websites, and at least two others are in the process of doing so.
At least 11 CCMs have established their own websites, and at least two others are in the process of doing so. The following websites are already operating:
Languages: Chinese and English
Cote d’Ivoire: www.ccm-ci.com/ccm.php
In addition, the Pakistan and Honduras CCMs are currently developing websites.
The information available varies considerably from one website to another, with the China site being by far the most comprehensive. Portions of some of the websites are still under construction.
The following is a list of the major types of information, and features, that Aidspan believes would be useful for any CCM website to have:
- the terms of reference (TOR), bylaws or constitution of the CCM;
- a list of CCM members, including (a) the sector each member represents, (b) the position (if any) that member occupies on the CCM; and (c) contact information for the member;
- information on the CCM Secretariat, including: (a) TOR (or equivalent) for the Secretariat; (b) a list of staff; and (c) contact information for each staff person;
- information on future CCM meetings, including: (a) dates; (b) the agenda for the next meeting; and (c) copies of, or links to, documents that will be discussed at the next meeting (where available);
- the minutes of past CCM meetings;
- information on each of the CCM’s committees or working groups, including: (a) a list of members; (b) dates of future meetings; (c) the agenda for the next meeting; (d) copies of, or links to, documents that will be discussed at the meeting (where available); and (e) the minutes of past meetings;
- information related to proposal development, such as calls for in-country submissions and copies of draft or final proposals;
- information regarding grants that have been approved;
- information related to grant implementation, such as the latest Progress Update / Disbursement Requests from the PRs, and oversight reports produced by the CCM or any of its committees, and Grant Performance Reports produced by the Global Fund;
- links to the websites of other relevant organisations, such as the Global Fund itself, multi- and bi-lateral development organisations, the Local Fund Agent (LFA) and Aidspan;
- a dedicated space on the home page to announce important recent developments and upcoming events; and
- a forum or feedback mechanism that would allow CCM members and non-members to discuss issues relevant to the CCM and to Global Fund grants currently being implemented.
None of the websites listed above has all of these features.
If readers are aware of existing CCM websites not listed in this article, we would like to hear about them. Please contact David Garmaise at firstname.lastname@example.org. If appropriate, we will update the list of CCM websites in a future GFO article.