The GIZ BACKUP Health initiative has extended to 31 December 2015 the deadline for applications for technical assistance from its three new program areas: country coordinating mechanisms, health systems strengthening, and grant management. The original deadline was 15 December.
Among the types of project GIZ hopes to fund are:
- capacity development of civil society organizations to strengthen their role in country coordinating mechanisms;
- support for principal recipients to identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans;
- support for the development of comprehensive approach to organizational development;
- support for conducting needs analyses for HSS activities in grants, and for planning of HSS interventions during concept note development; and
- assistance in capacity development of civil society PRs to monitor their grants and manage their SRs.
See the GFO article on this initiative published in October. The article contains a list of countries eligible to apply for each program area.
Guidelines and application forms can be accessed here.