GIZ extends deadline for applications for technical assistance in its main program areas
The GIZ BACKUP Health initiative has extended to 31 December 2015 the deadline for applications for technical assistance from its three new program areas: country coordinating mechanisms, health systems strengthening, and grant management. The original deadline was 15 December.
Among the types of project GIZ hopes to fund are:
- capacity development of civil society organizations to strengthen their role in country coordinating mechanisms;
- support for principal recipients to identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans;
- support for the development of comprehensive approach to organizational development;
- support for conducting needs analyses for HSS activities in grants, and for planning of HSS interventions during concept note development; and
- assistance in capacity development of civil society PRs to monitor their grants and manage their SRs.
See the GFO article on this initiative published in October. The article contains a list of countries eligible to apply for each program area.
Guidelines and application forms can be accessed here.