Missed AIDS 2018? GFO curates some of the best overviews, opinions, and resources
The 22nd International AIDS Conference took place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, from 23 to 27 July 2018. A selection of topics emanating from the conference, which is referred to as ‘AIDS 2018,’ have already been reported by GFO (see list below). Many other organizations also covered and participated in the conference, and they have produced a wealth of interesting and useful articles and resources related to AIDS 2018. The team at GFO has curated the best and most relevant of these resources for our readers in this article. Enjoy!
From the Global Fund and its partners
- The Global Fund: Global Fund Joins AIDS 2018 to Break Barriers and Build Bridges
- UNAIDS: Stories and Updates. (Navigate to July 2018 for a listing of AIDS 2018 stories.)
- World Health Organization: WHO at AIDS 2018
From the conference organizers, the International AIDS Society:
- Rapporteur Summaries. These are daily summaries covering all five tracks of sessions (A)Basic and Translational Research, B) Clinical Research, C) Epidemiology and Prevention Research, D) Social and Political Research, Law, Policy, and Human Rights, and E) Implementation Research, Economics, Systems and Synergies with Other Health and Development Sectors) as well as the Global Village and Youth Programme and Community and Leadership thematic area.
- AIDS 2018 Live. Here readers can find videos of key sessions and daily highlights from the conference.
- Programme Online. The entirety of the AIDS 2018 program can be found here, including oral abstract sessions, posters, satellite session, and plenaries. Slides and videos are available for most oral abstract sessions.
- YouTube channel. Here you’ll find a large catalogue of professionally-produced videos from the conference.
- Conference website. If you’re not finding what you’re looking for, the official conference website is a wealth of information.
Blogs from CSOs, NGOs, and community networks
- ACTION—Global Health Advocacy Partnership: AIDS 2018 closes with call to action on TB and integrated care
- Aidsmap: Amsterdam 2018: The Undetectable Conference
- APCASO: AIDS2018 Roundup: Strengthening multisectoral approaches to HIV in Asia Pacific
- AVAC: AIDS 2018: The Story is Messy and AIDS 2018: The Story is Vulnerable
- Friends of the Global Fight: A look back at AIDS 2018
- Health GAP: AIDS 2018 in three words: lack of urgency
- M-Pact (formerly Global Forum on MSM & HIV): AIDS2018 with Mark S King of MyFabulousDisease
- Treatment Action Campaign: AIDS 2018: Time to make AIDS political again, and AIDS 2018: G23 women draw a line in the sand
From other sources
- Center for Strategic & International Studies: The New Realism, An Uncomfortable Middle
- Clinical Care Options: Highlights of AIDS 2018
- Devex: AIDS 2018 told the story of a global health crisis
- Devex: Full coverage of AIDS 2018
- Kaiser Family Foundation: AIDS 2018: What happened and what’s next? (Video)
Social media aggregates
From the Global Fund Observer
- International AIDS Conference 2018 reframes the HIV response for the long term
- Global Fund Networking Zone at AIDS 2018 shines a spotlight on community engagement
- Advocates’ network report underscores critical need for Global Fund to ‘get back on track’ to end epidemics
- Global health leaders discuss ‘ending’ AIDS in context of universal health coverage
- International AIDS Economic Network meeting in Amsterdam focuses on sustainability of global response to HIV
If you’d like to add to the list, please do so by commenting below, or posting on social media.